Move of the week: How to Get Great Arms with One Fast Move
Multitasking is the way to save time and lifting is the way to sculpted arms. If you don’t have a lot of time, my 6 count combo move will hit your biceps, triceps and shoulders simultaneously! Bonus exercise – adding a squat targets quads and gluteus too! All you need is a pair of weights heavy enough for you to lift 15 times and feel challenged. I use 12 lbs weights.
Here are some photos from a segment I did on WCBS The Couch in NYC. Click on the video to see the moves in action.
1) Squat with weights in hands, with palms facing in
2) Stand up and curl your hands up into a biceps hammer curl, hands still facing the center line of the body, and bringing the weights to shoulder level
3) Keeping palms facing in and push the weights overhead while straightening the arms (works shoulders)
4) Bend the elbows and lower the weights behind your head into a triceps “french press”
5) Push weights back overhead while straightening the arms
6) Bend elbows to bring weights down to shoulders, then straighten elbows to “uncurl” the weights back toward your hips for biceps. and squat again ( move 1). Repeat the combo 15 times.
Fitness – fit it in FAST – Nikki
Nicole Glor is the founder and president of NikkiFItness. She is a 35-year-old fitness expert, author of The Slimnastics Workout, and the star of 8 fitness DVDs including Hard Core Abs DVD, Fit Travel Workout DVD, Booty Camp, Red Carpet Runway Workout, Military Wife Workout, Baby Bootie Camp, and the Beach Bride Destination Wedding Workout (Amazon). Nikki’s workouts have been featured in over 100 national media outlets including the New York Times, Live! With Kelly and Michael, Fox & Friends, GMA Health, Shape, Self, Fitness, and Women’s Health, and she appears weekly on national TV. She is also an AFAA certified NYC personal trainer, group fitness instructor at Crunch in Manhattan, and a 200hr RYT YogaFit/Yoga Alliance trained yoga instructor. Her “Slimnastics” workouts focus on multitasking toning and plyomentric cardio intervals (HIIT- High Intensity Interval Training) to cut workout time in half and boost metabolism. Search for “NikkiFitness” on Facebook and Twitter, and get the free newsletters, music playlists, video demos and DVDs at www.nikkifitness.com